Seasoned Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium
- baking potatoes
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- salt-free herb seasoning (your choice)
- 6 Tbsp
- cheddar cheese - grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 3 Tbsp
- butter - softened
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley - choppped
How to Make Seasoned Baked Potatoes
- 1To start we need to make the Seasoned butter. Combine together the butter, garlic and parsely. Roll up in wax paper or Seran wrap into a tight log and place in freezer for about 10 minutes. (just to firm up a little)
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 3Scrub Potatoes clean and then dry off
- 4Slice potatoes crosswise (the short way in 1/4 inch slices ... but be sure NOT to cut completely through. We want them connected. (Easy way to ensure this is placing the potato along side a wooden spoon handle. When the knife hits the handle your are good)
- 5Place potatoes into a baking dish and fan the slices open slightly. Sprinkle with the salt, seasoning and onion powder.
- 6Unroll the Compound butter. Cut into slices. Place pats of butter in between each slice of the potato.
With Remaining butter - melt it down and brush over the potatoes.
- 7Bake for about 50 minutes or until fork tender.
Sprinkle with Cheese over the top and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese has melted