Scottish Potato Pie
How to Make Scottish Potato Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9 inch pie dish.
- 3Arrange the bacon slices on the bottom and sides of the dish. Make sure some of the slices overhang the edges of the dish slightly.
- 4Peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
- 5Rinse the potato slices and dry completely.
- 6Place 1/3 of the potato slices over the bacon in the dish.
- 7Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese ove the potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Repeat these layers twice more.
- 10Fold the overhanging bacon on the top
- 11Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until done. You can check by piercing the potatoes with a fork to see if they are tender.
- 12Let stand 2 minutes before slicing.