Scalloped Potatoes For Two
Reposted here on June 6th.,2011
Rest time is included in cook time.
2 1/2 c2 medium potatoes, peeled, washed, and thinly sliced
2 Tbspbutter,or margarine
1/4 cshredded chedder cheese
1/2 tspsalt,or to taste
1/4 tspeach ground black pepper and worcestershire sauce
1/4 cfrench fried onions,optional
How to Make Scalloped Potatoes For Two
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a greased 1 quart baking dish, set aside.
- In a small pan, melt margarine and then add flour cook until the flour taste disappears ( About 3 to 4 minutes ),then add the milk a little at a time, bring to a boil then reduce heat and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add cheese,salt, pepper, and worcestershire sauce and stir until cheese is melted.
- Cool sauce slightly, pour over potatoes.
- Cover potatoes and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees, remove cover and top with french fried onions and paprika,then bake for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Let " rest " for 10 minutes, so sauce will thicken.