How to Make Scalloped Potatoes
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute.
- Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk. Season with salt and cayenne.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk. Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Top with some paprika for color.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 mins at 350°F.