- 1 c
- milk (or substitute w/ chicken stock )
- 1 c
- 6-8 medium
- yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced (hold these in a bowl of salted water until you are ready to layer in a baking dish)
- fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced (carmelized in butter for 10 minutes)
- 2 c
- cheese, your choice ( i use sharp cheddar and monterey jack)
- 1/2-1 stick
How to Make Scalloped Potatoes
- 1Cut your onion in half, then into slices. Over a medium-low heat carmelize the onion in butter for about 10 minutes.
- 2In a buttered baking dish layer cream, potatoes, salt,pepper, cheese, and onions. She did about 3 layers and in each layer grate a little bit of fresh nutmeg. Finish your final layer with cheese and several small dobs of butter. Pour any leftover milk and cream around the edge of the baking dish.
- 3Cover with foil and bake at 350º for 30 minutes. Cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes.