SCALLOPED POTATO LOAF -- BONNIE'S
- extra large russet potato
- cup grated tillamook cheese
- cup grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and coarse black pepper to sprinkle
- teaspoon minced garlic
- tablespoons real butter
- tablespoons cornstarch
- teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- teaspoon garlic powder
- cup water
- cup heavy cream
- cup organic milk
How to Make SCALLOPED POTATO LOAF -- BONNIE'S
- 2Preparation: Spray a 9 X 5 heavy loaf pan with kitchen spray. Wash and peel the potato, and slice it thin with a sharp knife.
Place sliced potatoes in a medium size sauce pan, and add water, just enough to cover the potatoes, then bring the potatoes to a low simmer and simmer on low only five minutes and then immediately drain the potatoes well. Blot them with some paper towels to remove excess moisture. Set aside and let them cool just enough to handle.
Grate the cheeses and keep them in separate bowls.
- 4In an 8 inch skillet, melt the butter on medium heat, Stir in the 2 tablespoons cornstarch and cook a minute, but not until brown, then whisk in the seasoned water and cook until it starts to thicken like gravy, lower heat, then add the ¼ cup heavy cream and the ½ cup organic milk, whisk until well mixed, cook 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken, then turn off the burner.
- 5Layer Potatoes: Make 3 layers of potatoes and cheese ending with a layer of potatoes on top.
Layer 1: Scatter ½ teaspoon of minced garlic over bottom of the greased loaf pan. Add a single layer of potato slices and slightly overlap the slices. Add a light sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper. Easy on the pepper. Sprinkle on the grated Tillamook Cheese.
Layer 2: Add a single layer of potato slices and slightly overlap the slices. Add a light sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper. Easy on the pepper. Sprinkle on the grated Tillamook Cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese.