Savory Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lb
- red potatoes
- 1 pkg
- philadelphia cooking creme - garlic flavor
- 4 oz
- pancetta( if you can't find pancetta, regular bacon will work also)
- 1/2 bunch
- green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Savory Mashed Potatoes
- 1Wash red potatoes of any dirt and grit. Chop potatoes into manageable pieces ( about 2" pieces)
Place into large pot and fill pot with cold water, enough to cover potatoes. Salt the water.
Turn burner on high and cook until potatoes are fork tender, usually about 10-15 minutes.
- 2While the potatoes are cooking, chop the pancetta, place in skillet and cook until crispy.
- 3When the potatoes are done, drain the water and place them in a large bowl and mash them.
- 4Add the cooking creme, pancetta and green onions to mash potatoes and mix together.