Sauteed Potatoes in Red Pepper Oil
1-1/2 lbsmall red potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 tspgarlic powder (or 1 clove garlic, crushed)
1/3 colive oil
1/2 tspcrushed dried red peppers (the kind that you shake onto pizza or spaghetti)
1 mediumred bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
1 Tbspchopped scallion (optional)
1 tspdried italian seasoning
How to Make Sauteed Potatoes in Red Pepper Oil
- In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with water, bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet for 2 minutes.
- Add dried red peppers and red bell pepper slices.
Saute 3 to 5 minutes until bell pepper is tender.
- Add potatoes to skillet and stir gently to heat and to coat completely with oil.
- Add Italian seasoning and toss.
- Serve sprinkled with scallions.
- Serve good and hot!