Sauerkraut Shepherd's Pie
3 lblean ground beef
3 can(s)sauerkraut, very well drained
6 cprepared mashed potatoes
1 cdiced onions
1 tspsalt, or to taste
1/2 tsppepper, or to taste
1/2 tspgarlic, or to taste
3 cfrozen corn, or can divide lg bag, still frozen
3 cshredded cheese, your pick
How to Make Sauerkraut Shepherd's Pie
- Pre-heat oven to 350, and spray 2 casseroles , a 9x13 and 9x9 with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion and seasonings. Drain and divide between the 2 casserole dishes.
- Top with frozen corn, then add the layer of sauerkraut again divided into the pans.
- Mix 1 cup of cheese into the potatoes. If the potatoes are not seasoned, season with salt and pepper and garlic. You can use instant mashed potatoes, I often do.
- Spread the potatoes, onto both dishes and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is well melted. Serve with salad of choice for a hearty meal. Seldom had any leftovers. : < ((