POTATO SALAD (SALLYE)
Nothing fancy about it, but I think you'll like it.
- 8-10 medium
- to large russet potatoes
- 2 large
- hard boiled eggs
- 1 large
- white onion
- ribs of celery
- 1 or 2 c
- hamburger dill pickle chips
- 2 or 3 Tbsp
- duke's mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
- french's prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- pickle juice (optional)
How to Make POTATO SALAD (SALLYE)
- 1Place scrubbed potatoes with skins still on in a large pot of water
Boil for approximately 30 minutes at medium heat until potatoes are tender all the way through (stick a toothpick in one after about 25 minutes to check for doneness)
While potatoes are cooking, boil 2 eggs and set aside
Place quartered onion, ribs of celery cut into 2" lengths and pickles into food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and set aside
- 2When potatoes are tender, drain water and peel while still hot. Hold potato under cool running water while you peel to avoid burning your hands
Place potatoes in large mixing bowl, break into large chunks with fork
Peel boiled eggs, place in shallow dish and smash with potato masher until they are finely chopped
Transfer vegetables from food processor and the boiled eggs to the mixing bowl with potatoes
- 3Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper to potato mixture.
Mix all ingredients together with large serving fork (or a wooden spoon if you don't have a large salad fork)
Do not overmix or the potatoes will lose that wonderful chunky texture.
- 4May be served immediately or stored in fridge covered until ready to use.