Russian Potato Salad
Jessica Fouts Bolender
1 lbbalogna (one whole pkg - diced)
1english cucumber 8-10 inches long
8large potatoes - cooked until firm but tender, drain
10hard boiled eggs, allow to cool
1/2 csour cream
1/8 cmiracle whip or mayo
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cgreen onions, chopped
How to Make Russian Potato Salad
- Boil washed and skinned potatoes in lightly salted water until tender but still firm. Hint: dice potatoes before cooking - into bite size pieces. They will cook faster and you won't have to cut up hot potatoes later. Will save time also.
- Boil eggs, set aside to cool.
- Chop balogna and cucumber and eggs and green onions and cooled potatoes - all separately.
- Mix the sour cream and mayo dressing. Can mix up more dressing for your salad if it seems like you have too much salad and not enough dressing.
- Combine all prepared ingredients in a LARGE bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refridgerate overnite if possible. Serves 15-20? Enjoy!