Rock Salt Potatoes
How to Make Rock Salt Potatoes
- Scrub the potatoes; do not peel. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a fork, prick the potatoes several times so the steam can escape and they don't explode.
- Brush the outside of the potatoes lightly with olive oil
- Pour rock salt into roasting pan in a 1-inch layer. Place the potatoes on top of the layer of rock salt. Add more rock salt to pack potatoes in place
- Put in oven and bake for 1 hour. Serve with what ever you choose to put on them. You can reuse the rock salt after it cools just put it in a bag.