Roasted Yams with Maple Syrup
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1/4 c
- light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 c
- maple syrup
- 4 lb
- yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c
- slivered almonds, toasted
How to Make Roasted Yams with Maple Syrup
- 1Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- 2In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup and heat until the butter has melted, 2 to 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the yams, the butter mixture, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- 3Transfer to a baking dish and roast, stirring every 15 minutes, until the yams are tender and caramelized, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve immediately.