Roasted Potato Wedges & Carrots
- 5 large
- 5 or 6 medium to large russet or red potatoes
- 4 large
- 1 medium
- white onion
- 4 slice
- black pepper, salt, garlic salt (optional) ( all to taste)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 clove
- garlic clove diced into tiny pieces
How to Make Roasted Potato Wedges & Carrots
- 1Preheat your oven to 375. Wash your potatoes and carrots. I use a vegetable brush to clean my potatoes and carrots, and leave the rest of the skin. I don't peel the skin completely off the potatoes nor the carrots.
- 2I like to use russet potatoes for this recipe or the russet type baking potatoes, but it works okay with red potatoes as well, but,I've found the wedges will not be as long or as 'sturdy' with the red. Russet also will withstand baking time much better I have found. You don't want your potatoes to turn out 'mushy', so my advice is to use the hardy russet baking potatoes.
- 3Once you've washed the potatoes, cut the potatoes in long thick wedges, (a little thicker than steak fries).
- 4After cutting your potatoes into thick wedges, then cut your carrots into thick carrot sticks. Save one carrot to shred.
- 5In a 9x13 baking dish, add the olive oil, brush it all over the bottom of the dish. Add the slices of bacon, I cut each slice in half, and this will partially cover the bottom of the dish.
- 6Dice the onion and the garlic. Once you've lined your baking dish with the olive oil, the bacon, add part of the garlic and diced onion on top of the bacon, saving most for the top of the potatoes and carrots. Place the potato wedges and the carrots into the dish, add the remaining onion and garlic.
- 7Season with black pepper and salt to taste. Cover the dish, bake for 30 minutes covered, uncover and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are done, but not overly soft. If the bacon slices you have bought have much fat on it, trim some of the fat off, or cut back on the amount of bacon slices you use. The bacon adds a great flavor to the potatoes and carrots, but also supplies the natural grease needed.
- 8Enjoy, and God bless!