Roasted Potatoe and Garlic Salad
- 4 lb
- new potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper, freshly ground
- head garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 c
- red onions, diced
- 1 large
- 1/2 c
- fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to Make Roasted Potatoe and Garlic Salad
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Place potatoes in roasting pan with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cut off the top 1/4 of the head of garlic, place on a piece of foil large enough to completely wrap the head, season with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Wrap head of garlic completely and plaec in pan with potatoes.
- 4Roast for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and open garlic packet and allow to cool.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet over medium heat and saute onions until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- 6Squeeze garlic into food processor and add egg, green onions, lemon juice, rosemary and salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- 7While processor is running, slowly add remaining 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil to emulsify.
- 8Combine potatoes and onions in a large bowl and toss with 1 cup of dressing and garnish with parsley.