ROASTED POTATO AND SQUASH MEDLEY
Bonnie ^O^ .
This humble recipe and photo is my own.
1/2bell pepper, cut into squares
4large red potatoes, uniform in size
1large zuchinni squash
1large purple onion
·olive oil to fry veggies.
1cup fontina cheese or any light cheese
2teaspoons dried basil or 1/3 cup fresh basil
·sprinkle nature's seasoning to taste
·sprinkle paprika to taste
How to Make ROASTED POTATO AND SQUASH MEDLEY
- Use a large glass dish, like a lasagna dish.
- Prepare the vegetables. Wash the zuchinni, and cut it on the diagonal almost 1/2 inch thick. Slice the purple onion into thick wedges. Slice olives in half. Scrub potatoes, poke each potato twice with a fork and set them in the microwave and cook 7 minutes and test for doneness. Potatoes need to be almost done and will cut cleanly when sliced with a knife and not fall apart. Slice the potatoes on the diagonal almost 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Heat a large skillet with a little olive oil in it on medium high. The idea is to sear the vegetables, not cook them. Brown the squash on both sides and remove from pan, fry the onions, then the potatoes. Do not over cook. Fry fast and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange your dish with squash and onions and olives on the left, and potatoes on the right as depicted in my photo. Prop the squash and potatoes up on end and let them lean and overlap as you put each one in the dish. It does not have to be perfect. Divide your dish with squares of red bell pepper (or wedges of tomatoes) Add any other vegetables you wish. I added a green pepper.
- Sprinkle just the potatoes with Natures Seasoning and a dusting of paprika.
- Place in the oven uncovered and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the grated Fontina cheese over the squash and potatoes and return to the oven and bake 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Tip: Do not overcook! Enjoy!