- 2 1/2 lb
- russet potatoes,peeled and held in a bowl of cold water
- 1 tsp
- coarse salt + more to taste
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter,sliced,at room temperature
- head roasted garlic,removed from skin and mashed
- 1/3 c
- heavy cream
- 2/3 c
- few turns of a pepper mill
How to Make Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1Cut potatoes into 2" chunks,cover with cold water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Boil.uncovered,20 minutes,or until a chunk can easily be broken with a fork.
- 2Drain and place them in a large bowl big enough to hold all the ingredients.
Mash potatoes with a fork;then,using an electric mixer,mash with the butter,garlic,cream,and 1/3 cup milk.
Add more of the remaining milk,if necessary,and season with salt and pepper to taste
Serve immediately or cool,cover and refrigerate,for up to 24 hours.
(Take out of frig 1 hr before warming.) Bake at 350 until heated through. (about 1/2 - 3/4 hour uncovered)