Redskin Garlic Parm Smashed Potatoes
I usually heat these on low after they are all cooked & assembled. You can put them in a crockpot on warm to serve later!
- 3 lb
- redskinned potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 stick
- 1/4 c
- italian flat-leaf parsley
- garlic cloves
- salt, pepper, kosher salt,
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese (you can use the can kind for this!)
- options: lemon, onion, chicken bouillon, garlic powder, onion powder, bacon fried crips, cheddar cheese, sr. cream, milk
How to Make Redskin Garlic Parm Smashed Potatoes
- 1Cut your potatoes in half or quarters, depending on size, & put in a Dutch Oven w/ enough water to cover. I like to add to the water to cook with the pots: some lemons or onion(if I have any leftover from something else); Kosher salt, a chicken bouillon cube, & minced garlic to cook throughout in the potatoes for added flavor.
- 2Cook about 15 mins. on high. You don't need them as soft as for regular mashed/whipped potatoes. Drain & discard the onions or lemons, if you cooked them w/ it.
- 3When done, simply smash them w/ a potato masher. Add butter, parm, parsley torn up, white pepper (or black), & see if you want more salt. I add garlic powder, always. Add more of whatever to your taste. I always add green onions diced to mine, & like the (scallions) green portion on top for garnish. I don't add milk or cream to this but some of you may want to do that. Also, sometimes I add fried bacon bits, if I have leftover bacon from something else. Enjoy!