Red Jacket Mashed Potatoes
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Red Jacket Mashed Potatoes
- Wash potatoes to remove dirt.
- Simmer potatoes in jackets until fully cooked, approximately 30 to 35 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy gauged sauce pot over a medium heat. Add and blend in the whipping cream. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the butter-cream liquid to incorporate.
- Add the sour cream and the steak seasoning. Whip potatoes on medium speed until mashed but some lumps remain. Do not overwhip potatoes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives and serve.