Really Good Stuffed Sweet Potatoes or Yams
NOTE: You can cook the patatoes in your microwave by pricking a wholes in the top with a fork and placing them on a paper towel and roll to wrap making sure the ends are folded under and cook for 10 or until done.
How to Make Really Good Stuffed Sweet Potatoes or Yams
- Scrub and wash potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place yams/sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet covered with non- stick heavy duty foil. Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool enough to handle. Lower oven to 350
- Carefully slice the top off of each yam/sweet potato.
- Scoop out inside, being careful not to break shell into a large mixing bowl. Place milk in a sauce pan and heat milk just to hot stage.
- Add butter, brown sugar, salt, pepper,cinnamon and enough hot milk to moisten the yams/sweet potatoes.
- Beat with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pile mixter lightly into yam/sweet potato shells again, being careful not to break the shell.
- * If desired; place two marshmellows cut in half and a walnut half on top of each potato
- Place all yam/sweet potato on cookie sheet lined with non-stick heavy duty foil and return to oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot through or marshmellows are soft and brown.