★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 10 medium
- idaho potatoes
- 2 stick
- butter, at room temperature
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- cajun spice or any spice you prefer
- 4 c
- cooked and shredded pork butt
- 2 c
- grated cheddar
- 2 c
- grated parmesan
How to Make Re-Stuffed Potato
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Bake the potatoes until cooked through, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for a minimum of 2 hours.
- 3Once cooled, split the potatoes lengthwise and scoop out a pocket, saving the scooped potatoes. Place the potato skins skin-side down on a baking sheet. Place the skins in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to rest.
- 4Fry the potatoes to a golden brown, in batches if necessary. This should take 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Once golden brown, remove and hold on the baking sheet for stuffing.
- 5In a mixer, whip the reserved scooped potatoes on low until mixed. Add the butter, sour cream, parsley and Cajun spice. Mix until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the mixer.
- 6Add the cheese and mix well with a spoon. Then "re-stuff" the skins with the pork and then top with the cheeses. Bake until the cheese is melted, 15 to 18 minutes.