Puree de Papas (mashed potatoes)
How to Make Puree de Papas (mashed potatoes)
- Wash the potatoes, peel, and cut them in equal sizes so they cook evenly.
- Place the potatoes in a pot with cool water and salt. Bring the pot to medium heat and boil until the potatoes are soft.
- Test potatoes by sticking a fork in them to test for doneness.
- Drain the water off the potatoes. Immediately add the butter and cream to the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with a hand mixer until all the lumps are gone Whip the potatoes until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.