4-5 mediumpotatoes, pared and chunked
·salt water to cover potatoes
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Potatoes Vesuvius
- Place potatoes in salt water and bring to boil. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash potatoes with butter, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Spread mashed potatoes in a 2-quart casserole dish and make a deep well in the center of potatoes.
- Place cheese into the well, pressing down firmly.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese has melted and potatoes are heated through.