- 4-5 medium
- potatoes, pared and chunked
- salt water to cover potatoes
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- white pepper
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Potatoes Vesuvius
- 1Place potatoes in salt water and bring to boil. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Drain and mash potatoes with butter, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- 3Spread mashed potatoes in a 2-quart casserole dish and make a deep well in the center of potatoes.
- 4Place cheese into the well, pressing down firmly.
- 5Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese has melted and potatoes are heated through.