How to Make Potatoes Thermidor
- Cube potatoes and roast in oven until softened and just golden brown - Don't let them get too mushy.
- In a skillet, melt butter and saute shallots.
- Stir in flour and cook 3-5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add cream and stir until thickened, then add the mushrooms, salt and cayenne and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Beat sherry and egg yolks together and quickly stir into the hot mixture.
- Put the potatoes in an ovenproof baking dish, and pour the Thermidor sauce over potatoes.
- Bake at 300 for 20 minutes to heat thoroughly.