How to Make Potatoes Thermidor
- 1Cube potatoes and roast in oven until softened and just golden brown - Don't let them get too mushy.
- 2In a skillet, melt butter and saute shallots.
- 3Stir in flour and cook 3-5 minutes stirring constantly.
- 4Add cream and stir until thickened, then add the mushrooms, salt and cayenne and cook for about 3 minutes.
- 5Beat sherry and egg yolks together and quickly stir into the hot mixture.
- 6Put the potatoes in an ovenproof baking dish, and pour the Thermidor sauce over potatoes.
- 7Bake at 300 for 20 minutes to heat thoroughly.