seasoned potatoes in foil
- 1 large
- potato sliced
- 1/4 c
- butter or margerine
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic or onion powder optional
- 1 Tbsp
- seasoned salt[we use lawrys]
How to Make seasoned potatoes in foil
- 1peel the potato or not, your choice. slice the potato into slices 1/4 " thick or so.
Tear off a rather large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil or 2 sheets of regular foil.
- 2Place the foil on the counter or other flat surface. Place the potato slices in a single layer, overlapping very little. in the center of the foil sheet. put 3 or 4dabs of the butter/margarine on top of the potatoes. sprinkle seasoned salt and garlic/onion powder if using on top of the butter/ margarine. fold 2 sides of the foil over the potatoes and crimp very tightly. fold and crimp the other 2 sides also. You want a tightly sealed foil pouch enclosing the potato slices. Preheat the oven to 425degreesF. .You can either place the foil pouches on a cookie sheet or directly on an oven rack being careful not to puncture the foil bottoms.
- 3Place the foil pouches in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. When done, place the foil pouches in a large serving dish or on a large plate or platter to serve. You and your guests should be very careful opening the pouches; the contents are very hot. Enjoy.