How to Make Extraordinary Potatoes
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Mash.
- Add cream cheese in pieces.
Add next 5 ingredients. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
Put into a 3 quart casserole.
Make indentations with back of spoon.
Put a dab of butter in each indentation.
Sprinkle with paprika.
- Ahead: After putting potatoes in casserole, dot with butter and cool slightly, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Take out of refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until very hot in center. .
- Same day: Heat in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Potatoes can be reheated in a slow cooker.
Take potatoes out of refrigerator about 3-1/2 hours before serving. Put in slow cooker.
Dot with butter.
Cook on low heat for 3 hours, stirring once or twice.
They can be held an additional 30 minutes.