Potatoes Au Gratin
3-4russet potatoes, peeled
1 cheavy cream
1large clove garlic, pressed (or garlic powder to taste)
1 Tbspbutter, softened
1-1/2 cshredded or grated cheddar cheese
1 tspdried or chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Potatoes Au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices, then quarter each of those slices.
- Beat together the cream, milk, flour, garlic, salt and pepper by hand just until well combined.
- Coat the inside of a large baking dish with the softened butter.
- Arrange one-fourth of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Pour some of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Repeat this layering step three more times.
- Cover the potatoes and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake another 40 minutes or until the potatoes are starting to brown on top.
- Sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese over the top of the potatoes and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve.