Potatoes Au Gratin
- russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- 1-1/2 Tbsp
- large clove garlic, pressed (or garlic powder to taste)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1-1/2 c
- shredded or grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp
- dried or chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Potatoes Au Gratin
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices, then quarter each of those slices.
- 3Beat together the cream, milk, flour, garlic, salt and pepper by hand just until well combined.
- 4Coat the inside of a large baking dish with the softened butter.
- 5Arrange one-fourth of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Pour some of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Repeat this layering step three more times.
- 6Cover the potatoes and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake another 40 minutes or until the potatoes are starting to brown on top.
- 7Sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese over the top of the potatoes and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and the potatoes are tender.
- 8Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve.