5 lbpotatoes boiled, peeled and, diced
1/2green bell pepper diced
2thinnly sliced celery stalks
6hard boiled eggs diced
1 (30oz) jar(s)helmans mayonaise
3 Tbspwhite vinegar
3 tspyellow mustard
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make potatoe salad
- put potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and put to boil. cook until tender, drain, let potatoes cool and then peel and dice, and put in a large bowl.
- boil the eggs, then peel and dice.
- dice green pepper, onion, and celery, set aside.
- in a small mixing bowl put mayonnaise. add 3tbs of sugar , 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 3tbs vinegar, 3 tsp yellow mustard. mix this well here is where I taste it to adjust and add anything I think it might need more of. It should taste a little tangy sweet, not sour.
- mix peppers, onion ,eggs and celery with potatoes, and then pour mayonnaise dressing over it and mix well, refrigerate several hours, or over night.
- you can garnish with slices of egg and sprinkle with parsley or paprika to garnish.