How to Make Potato slices baked in butter
- 1Preheat oven to 450*.
Turn burner on medium heat and place 12 inch cast iron skillet on the burner.
Let preheat until you can feel the heat on the pan, turn burner off and coat with butter.
- 2Slice potatoes as thinly as possible. I used a mandolin slicer, so this went quickly for me.
- 3Make a layer of potato slices in the bottom of your pan.
Use a hand grater and grate the cold butter over the potatoes until there is a little butter every where. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 4Repeat step three until you run out of potatoes.
- 5Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- 6***********If you do not have a mandolin slicer, it will take much longer to slice all the potatoes.