Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- 3 lbs. potatoes
- ½ cup fresh basil – chopped
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes – blanched
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese – grated
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
How to Make Potato Salad
- 1Boil the potatoes until fork tender; drain and cut the potatoes into quarters. Add the garlic while the potatoes are still warm.
In a small sauce pot quickly blanch the tomatoes for a minute. Set the tomatoes aside to cool. When the tomatoes are cool gently remove the skin and dice the tomatoes.
Add tomatoes to the potatoes and garlic.
Add the basil, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper and oregano.
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl and mix. Add this dressing to the potatoes and toss.
Place in the refrigerator to cool before serving.