5 largerusset potatoes
6 largeeggs, hard boiled
4stalks of celery chopped
1/2vidalia onions peeled and chopped into largish pieces
1 1/2 cmayonaise
2 dash(es)worcestershire sauce
1-2 tspcelery salt
How to Make Potato Salad
- I cut the russet potatoes into small pieces that will be ready to put right in the salad, but I know that a lot of people don't like to do that, so bear with me.
Peel and chop potatoes into 3/4-1" pieces boil for about 10 minutes until soft, but firm, If they get too soft it's okay, they will thicken the sauce a little.
- Immediately drain the potatoes and rinse multiple times with cold water until cool. Let the potatoes drain for at least 5 minutes.
- Peel and chop 6 hard boiled eggs add the celery and onion, then place the potatoes on top. (My cousin uses cucumber instead of celery)
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and celery salt until well blended. (I always taste it at this point to make sure that it's either salty enough or too salty. If it's too salty add another dollop of mayo until the salt isn't as intense.)
- Pour the mixture over the large ingredients and fold the ingredients together until the mixture is well blended.
- While this is great immediately after being made, it tastes even better if allowed to sit over night in the fridge.