POTATO ROLLS WITH HAM & HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
Definitely not diet or diabetic friendly, but really tasty & easy to put together...
Hubby even liked it, now there's a good thing! Hope you'll give this one a try!
- c. leftover mashed potatoes
- c. green bell pepper, diced
- scallion, diced, incl green tops
- tsp. fresh parsley, minced
- tsp. italian seasoning
- tsp. fresh-cracked black pepper
- c. italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- tbsp. olive oil
- cooking spray (pam)
- c. sliced baked deli ham, finely chopped
- c. hellmans mayonnaise
- c. french's honey mustard dipping sauce
- fresh-cracked black pepper
********HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE********
How to Make POTATO ROLLS WITH HAM & HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir well to mix. Refrigerate while you make the potato rolls.
- 2In large mixing bowl, combine potatoes (SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM), egg, peppers, scallions, parsley, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
Mix well; it will be a little soft/sloppy. Stir in breadcrumbs, mixing well (may need more or less), until it will hold together. Using your hands, form the mixture into oval shapes.
- 3Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat so that when you put the potatoes in, it sizzles.
Carefully place potatoes in skillet and cook until the bottom is light golden brown, about 5 min. Flip them over gently to brown the second side, being careful they don’t fall apart.
- 4Spray skillet with cooking spray; add ham & cook over medium-high heat until ham starts to brown a little & become semi-crisp. Remove and blot with paper toweling.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9” square baking dish with cooking spray.
The leftover potatoes used were seasoned only with sour cream, butter and a little salt & pepper.