★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 1/2 c
- frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed and chopped small
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- egg whites, whipped fluffy
- 1 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 1 dash(es)
- black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- cracker crumbs or flour
- 1/4 c
How to Make Potato Pancakes
- 1Pat hashbrowns dry with paper towels.
- 2Put in mixing bowl add other ingredients besides butter and stir.
- 3Allow to sit for at least two minutes for crackers to swell or flour to absorb.
- 4Put butter into a frying pan to melt on medium high heat. While that is melting scoop up some hasbrown mixture (I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup) and squish them into patties.
- 5After butter is melted and hot put in potato patty.
- 6Fry until the bottom side is brown, then flip and brown other side.
- 7Remove from pan and place on a plate with paper towels. Put paper towels on top as well to absorb extra butter.
- 8Repeat process until all the potato mixture is made into potato pancakes.
- 9I serve them with sour cream on the side.