★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 1/2 cfrozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed and chopped small
1/2 tsponion powder
2egg whites, whipped fluffy
1 tspseasoning salt
1 dash(es)black pepper
2 Tbspcracker crumbs or flour
How to Make Potato Pancakes
- Pat hashbrowns dry with paper towels.
- Put in mixing bowl add other ingredients besides butter and stir.
- Allow to sit for at least two minutes for crackers to swell or flour to absorb.
- Put butter into a frying pan to melt on medium high heat. While that is melting scoop up some hasbrown mixture (I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup) and squish them into patties.
- After butter is melted and hot put in potato patty.
- Fry until the bottom side is brown, then flip and brown other side.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate with paper towels. Put paper towels on top as well to absorb extra butter.
- Repeat process until all the potato mixture is made into potato pancakes.
- I serve them with sour cream on the side.