★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 to 3 large
- white potatoes
- 1 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- each salt and pepper
- 1 c
- sour cream (for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp
- chives, chopped (for garnish, if using dried chives, mix into sour cream to soften)
- vegetable oil, for frying
How to Make Potato Doilies
- 1Peel and slice potatoes and onion into thin slices (about 1/8" thick).
- 2Stack slices and cut into thin strips.
- 3Dry on paper towels.
- 4Put potato and onion strips in large bowl.
- 5Mix eggs, flour, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and onions and mix well.
- 6Heat vegetable oil in large skillet.
- 7Put heaping tablespoon of potato mixture into hot oil. Flatten out mound into a circle. Fry on both sides until golden brown and crispy.
- 8Serve with sour cream and chive mixture.