★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 to 3 largewhite potatoes
2eggs, lightly beaten
4 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 tspeach salt and pepper
1 csour cream (for garnish)
2 Tbspchives, chopped (for garnish, if using dried chives, mix into sour cream to soften)
·vegetable oil, for frying
How to Make Potato Doilies
- Peel and slice potatoes and onion into thin slices (about 1/8" thick).
- Stack slices and cut into thin strips.
- Dry on paper towels.
- Put potato and onion strips in large bowl.
- Mix eggs, flour, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and onions and mix well.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet.
- Put heaping tablespoon of potato mixture into hot oil. Flatten out mound into a circle. Fry on both sides until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with sour cream and chive mixture.