How to Make Potato Cakes
- Fry bacon. When nearly crisp add onion and saute along side bacon. Drain bacon slices on paper towel. Scoop onions out of skillet leaving bacon grease in skillet.
- Place leftover mashed potatoes in a bowl then add egg,crumbled bacon,onions and mix together.
- Add enough flour to make mixture stiff enough to hold patty shape.
- Heat bacon grease in skillet and place patties or drop by 1/2 cup into skillet making sure to somewhat flatten potatoes if using 1/2 cup.
- Fry until crisp then flip and fry on other side. Very good, very crispy, very easy.