☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- russet or baking potatoes(@ 1 1/4 lbs.), pared, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 medium
- onion, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise & slices separated
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 c
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 large
- apples, golden delicious (@ 3/4 lb)
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 lb
- gruyere cheese, shredded (1 cup)
How to Make Potato-Apple Gratin
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Combine potato, onion, garlic, milk, salt & pepper in medium-size heavy bottomed saucepan. Sprinkle with flour; stir gently to combine. Bring to boiling slowly over medium heat, stirring gently occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, pare, quarter and core apples, cut into 1/2" thick slices.
- 4Turn partially cooked potato mixture into shallow 2 qt. casserole dish. Push apple slices between potato slices as evenly as possible. Drizzle cream over casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Bake in preheated 300 degree oven until potatoes are tender and top is browned and bubbly, about 1 hour. Let stand 10 min. before serving.