Potato and Leek Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 c
- leeks, scrubbed and cut in 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 c
- carrots, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- rosemary, dried
- 1 c
- vegetable broth
- 2 lb
- red potatoes, unpeeled and sliced in thin rounds
- 1/4 c
How to Make Potato and Leek Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In deep skillet, coat leeks and carrots with olive oil. Cover and simmer over low heat until soft.
- 3Add seasonings; mix well.
- 4Layer a well-oiled 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole (with cover) with 1/3 of the potatoes, then 1/2 the seasoned vegetables; repeat and finish with last 1/3 of potatoes.
- 5Pour broth evenly into casserole; cover and bake for 50 minutes covered at 375 degrees.
- 6Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
- 7Garnish with parsley and/or chives.
- 8Variation: Substitute carrots with zucchini if desired. Half of leek can be finely chopped yellow onions.