- 16 oz pkg
- egg noodles, cooked in salted water 8 mins,drain
- 6-8 cups
- instant mashed potatoes, prepared according to box directions
- 2 large
- yellow onions, peeled and sliced 1/8" thick
- 15 slices
- yellow american cheese
- 1 cup
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 stick
- margarine or butter
How to Make Quick and Easy Pierogies
- 1Cook egg noodles according to package directions for 8 mins. Drain. Return noodles back to saucepan. Add 1/2 sick margarine and stir. Set aside.
- 2In in microwave safe bowl add 1 stick of margarine and the sliced onions. Microwave on 60% power for 3-4 mins until onions are translucent. Add to noodles, stir. Pour noodles and onion mixture in the bottom of a large glass or metal 9x13" cake pan.
- 3Make 6-8 cups of instant mashed potatoes according to box directions. Then mix in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese into prepared instant potatoes. Immediately poor potatoe/cheese mixture over the noodle/onion layer. Smooth out to cover all noodles.
- 4Place yellow American cheese slices 3 rows across and 5 rows down. You should have enough cheese cover the whole top.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake till warmed through and cheese is melted. 20-30 mins Enjoy!