I am a good cook; not a good photographer, so apologize for the bad picture. :)
- onions, sliced thin (not diced!). (yes, you want that many onions!)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 6 c
- mashed potatoes
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- lasagna noodles, cooked (i always make more noodles than i need in case some break)
- 1 lb
- cheddar cheese, sharp (shredded & i use more than 1 lb b/c i love cheese)
How to Make Polish Potatoes
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a lasagna pan with either baking spray or butter.
- 2Sautee onions in butter on medium heat for about 10 mins. or until soft, but not carmelized. Sprinkle w/ some salt.
- 3Add the cream cheese to the mashed potatoes (add milk, butter & salt & pepper to your mashed potatoes, as normal) & mix until well blended.
- 4Begin to assemble: Put half of the onions on the bottom of your pan. Then top w/ half of the lasagna noodles, a layer of the potato mixture, then 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Repeat so that you end w/ cheese on top. I add Hungarian paprika and more salt & pepper to the top of the final mashed potato layer. Bake in oven covered w/ alumninum foil (not tight so cheese doesn't stick, or spray foil w/ baking spray) for 30 mins, then remove foil for another 30 mins. Let sit for about 15 mins before you attempt to cut. Enjoy!