Pimento Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes
1 1/2 lbyukon gold potatoes
3 tspkosher salt
3/4 cheavy cream
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
1/2 tspfreshly ground pepper
9 ozjar roasted red peppers
2 Tbspliquid from the red peppers
2 cgrated extra sharp cheddar
How to Make Pimento Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a medium pot of water, seasoned with tsp of the salt to boiling.
- Drop the potatoes in, that have been peeled and sliced to approximate 1/4 inch slices.
- Cook potatoes for about 10 minutes. Remove and drain.
- In a sauce pan, heat the cream, shallots, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp salt, black pepper, 7 the 2 tbl of roasted red pepper juice until it turns a pale pink. About 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar to the sauce pan and cook for about another 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- In a buttered casserole dish, layer the potatoes, then strips of roasted red peppers until all used. I got 3 layers in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour the cream sauce over the potatoes and red peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar over the top and cook for about another 15 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.