Pimento Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb
- yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tsp
- kosher salt
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
- shallots diced
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 9 oz
- jar roasted red peppers
- 2 Tbsp
- liquid from the red peppers
- 2 c
- grated extra sharp cheddar
How to Make Pimento Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a medium pot of water, seasoned with tsp of the salt to boiling.
- 2Drop the potatoes in, that have been peeled and sliced to approximate 1/4 inch slices.
- 3Cook potatoes for about 10 minutes. Remove and drain.
- 4In a sauce pan, heat the cream, shallots, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp salt, black pepper, 7 the 2 tbl of roasted red pepper juice until it turns a pale pink. About 2 minutes.
- 5Add 1 cup of cheddar to the sauce pan and cook for about another 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 6In a buttered casserole dish, layer the potatoes, then strips of roasted red peppers until all used. I got 3 layers in a 9 x 13 pan.
- 7Pour the cream sauce over the potatoes and red peppers.
- 8Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- 9Remove the foil. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar over the top and cook for about another 15 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.