·12 lasagna noodles
·1/3 cup vegetable oil
·5 medium sized onions finely chopped (about 3 cups)
·1/2 tsp black pepper
·1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
·6 cups warm seasoned mashed potatotes (store bought or homemade)
How to Make Pierogi Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onions 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned; reserve 1/2 cup sauteed onions for topping. Add remaining onions, pepper, and cheese to mashed potatoes; mix well.
- Place 3 noodles on bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread 1/3 of potato mixture over noodles. Repeat layers until a total of 4 layers of noodles and 3 layers of potato mixture have been placed (with a layer of noodles on top).
- Top with remaining sauteed onions. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through. Enjoy delicious Pierogi Lasagna!