★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 oz. container sour cream
- 8 oz block meunster cheese-shredded
- 8 oz block x-sharp cheddar-shredded
- 16 oz block mozzarella-shredded
- 3 large
- vidala onions diced
- 2 stick
- 1 tsp
- onion powder additional to sprinkle on top
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder,addtional to sprinkle on top
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- romona or parm.cheese
How to Make Pierogi Lasagna
- 1In dutch oven melt butter,add onions and saute till soft.Add salt and pepper to taste parsley and garlic and onion powder.Add sour cream,stir till smooth.Set aside 2 cups for the final topping.
- 2While onions are sauteing make mashed potatos for 10 servings,set aside.Add less water as you need the potatos to be stiff.
- 3Add 2 cups of onion-sourcream mixture to potatos.Add the eggs,parm.or romono cheese,mix well.In a deep lasagna pan(mine is a 9x13 inch pan with 4 in sides)ladle enough of sourcream mixture over bottom of pan.Place lasagna noddles over bottom of pan to cover cover with potato mixture,ladle more sourcream mixture,then sprinkle with the shredded cheeses.Keep alternating to top.Put reserved 2 cups of sour cream mixture on top.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 1hour covered,uncover and sprinkle remaing cheeses on top sprinkle with the garlic powder,onion powder,salt and pepper.Bake till golden brown on top and bubbly.Some oven temps.vary so i make sure a knife inserted comes out clean.
- 5Remove from oven,this really needs at least 40 minutes to set or it will run.Depending on the deepness of your pan times vary.We actually let it set to a little above room temp.Cut into squares great with keilbasa,ham,pork chops anything.