To save time, she would also cut the dough in squares, instead of the circles.
- 4 Cups
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 6 large
- potatoes boiled
- 1 medium
- 1 Tbsp
- 8 oz
- american chesse
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
How to Make Peroghi Recipe
- 1To make the dough, mix the flour, oil, cold water and salt until a soft dough forms. Cover it with a towel and let it rest for thirty minutes before rolling it out.
- 2To prepare the filling, boil the peeled Potatoes until soft. Saute onions in butter. Mix together.. Onions & shredded cheese to mashed potatoes.. add salt & pepper to taste.
- 3Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured surface as thinly as possible without it tearing. Using a cup or a cookie cutter, cut out circles that are roughly 3 to 4 inches in diameter.
Spoon several teaspoons of filling in the center of the circle. Brush the edges of the dough with water. Fold the circle over to make a semi-circle, sealing the dough and crimping the edges together with a fork. Make sure that no filling is leaking out of the edges and that the dough is not torn.
- 4To cook Peroghies, Place in Large pot of boiling water. Do not crowd. Peroghies will sink to the bottom of the pot. When they are done, they will rise to the top of the pot.
Serve immediately, with Sour Cream or melted butter.
- 5You can also freeze these. I place the first layer on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet., and stack them ,with a sheet of waxed paper between layers. Put in the freezer, for about 10 minutes or so, they'll be easier to handle when putting them into Zip- Lock bags.