Perfect Salt Baked Potatoes
Maggie May Schill
- russet potatoes (baking potatoes)
- 2 lb
- salt (basically two containers)
- full garlic bulb
- 3 sprig(s)
- 1 tsp
- finely diced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 c
- salted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 4 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Perfect Salt Baked Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 450'F
- 3In a 13X9X2 inch baking dish pour out your salt and spread evenly. Bury your three rosemary sprigs in the salt in three separate locations. Make sure there is a decent amount of space between sprigs.
- 4Take your garlic and clean off the outer layer of papers from it. With a sharp knife cut just the very tip-pity top of the garlic bulb off to expose a bit of the garlic's flesh.
- 6Take each cleaned and dried potato and bury in half way in the salt. DO NOT COMPLETELY COVER... only half way, sort of nestled in there. Make sure there is at least an inch in between each potato.
- 7Cover the baking dish with foil and seal tightly.
- 8Bake on the center wrack for 75 minutes.
- 9After the 75 minutes, take the baking dish out of the oven. Remove the garlic bulb (carefully, it hot!) and set it aside.
- 10Raise oven temperature to 500'F
- 12Put baking dish back in oven for 15 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, once garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb. It will come out like a paste.
- 14Cream your butter with the garlic paste.