PEGGI'S GREEN STUFF
Peggi Anne Tebben
How to Make PEGGI'S GREEN STUFF
- 1With skins on, cut potatoes into larger chunks, like you would for mashed potatoes & place in large dutch oven. Cover with water & boil until just soft. Don't overcook.
- 2While potatoes are boiling, cut bacon into bite size pieces & fry along with the onions until bacon is just brown & onions are soft & fragrant.
- 3Remove potatoes from heat & drain. Using a potato masher, half mash them in the pan, leaving some chunks.
- 4When bacon & onions are ready: Mine is a leaner bacon & doesn't give much grease, so, take some of your kraut juice & deglaze the pan with it, stirring & scraping the pan. Simmer a few minutes. now add the kraut to bacon mixture & heat through.
- 5Add undrained kale to bacon mixture, along with the potatoes.
- 6Return to low heat & simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7This keeps in fridge a long time & goes well with any type of meat dish.