Pan fried red potatoes with snow peas
I live alone, so this recipe is for only 2 servings, but it can be expanded for larger quantities easily..
How to Make Pan fried red potatoes with snow peas
- 1Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice into 1/4 inch slices and put into cold water to remove excess starch while preparing other ingredients.
Chop onion into small pieces and set aside. Mince garlic cloves, set aside. Prepare curly parsley by chopping about 2 tablespoons chopped coarsely.
- 2Drain and rinse potatoes under cold water. Pat dry on towels to decrease splattering while frying.
- 3In a medium (preferably non-stick) frypan (I use Gordon Ramsey's line- they are excellent) melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is transparent. Add the potatoes in a single layer.
- 4Cook the potatoes until they begin to brown, the gently turn them over to brown on the opposite side. Sprinkle the curly parsley over the mixture and gently mix in. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper over the mixture as well.
- 5When the potatoes are lightly browned on both sides, turn the heat to medium high, and add the snow peas. Gently mix all the ingredients together while they cook in a stir-fry method for about 2-3 minutes until the peas are heated through.
- 6Serve with ham, hamburgers off the grill, steaks or anything that needs a sassy delicious potatoes side dish! Enjoy!