Oven Steak Fries
- russet potatoes, with skins, cut into thin wedges
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin plus a little extra to brush onto the pan
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp
- steak seasoning blend (i like montreal by mccormick) or salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Oven Steak Fries
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, with the cookie sheet in the oven to get it hot. Once hot: Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and brush on a thin coat of olive oil (not the 3 T).
- 2In a bowl, coat the potatoes with 3 T olive oil, dried herbs and the steak seasoning or salt and pepper, and mix well.
- 3Spread the potatoes to the corners of the cookie sheet and cook for about 25 minutes (*could be sooner or later - check them as they cook - See note in step 4), turning once halfway through cooking. Serve once they are nicely browned to your liking!
- 4Note: I find that if my wedges are thin, a total of 20-25 minutes is enough. If the wedges are thicker, a total of around 40 minutes works better.