Oven Potato Puff
5baking potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 2 lbs.)
1 csmall curd cottage cheese
1 csour cream (regular or lowfat)
1/3 cchopped onions
1/2 stickbutter or margarine
2 Tbspbutter or margarine, melted
How to Make Oven Potato Puff
- In a 3-quart covered saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain
well and mash. (You'll need about 6 cups).
Cover and set aside.
- Butter or spray a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a large mixer bowl at high speed, beat cottage cheese and eggs for 2 minutes or until almost smooth.
- At low speed, beat in sour cream, green onions, softened butter, salt and pepper, scraping bowl as needed.
- Add potatoes and beat until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate until 30 minutes before baking.
- Drizzle top of potatoes with melted butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes, uncovered, until completely heated through and top is lightly browned.