Oven Potato Puff
- baking potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 c
- small curd cottage cheese
- 1 c
- sour cream (regular or lowfat)
- 1/3 c
- chopped onions
- 1/2 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, melted
How to Make Oven Potato Puff
- 1In a 3-quart covered saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain
well and mash. (You'll need about 6 cups).
Cover and set aside.
- 2Butter or spray a 2 quart baking dish.
- 3In a large mixer bowl at high speed, beat cottage cheese and eggs for 2 minutes or until almost smooth.
- 4At low speed, beat in sour cream, green onions, softened butter, salt and pepper, scraping bowl as needed.
- 5Add potatoes and beat until well blended.
- 6Transfer mixture to baking dish. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate until 30 minutes before baking.
- 7Drizzle top of potatoes with melted butter.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes, uncovered, until completely heated through and top is lightly browned.