Our Favorite Mashed Potatoes
- 6 to 8
- large potatoes
- regular head of garlic
- 1/2 stick
- butter or margerine
- 2 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- water for boiling
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Our Favorite Mashed Potatoes
- 1Take the head of garlic and put 1 tablespoon of oil on it and get it well covered. Place it on a small pan and roast it in the oven,( I use my toaster oven for this) at 350 it could take as little as 15 min or as much as 30 to roast , depends on how big the clove is, just be satisfied it's done. It will turn dark brown and will be tender to the touch. Little work but don't the kitchen smell nice!!!!!
- 2Peel, wash and boil the potatoes in a sauce pan with a teaspoon of salt for each potato you use.
- 3Take the garlic out of the oven and cut the root end off and allow it to cool for about 5 min. The garlic pods should now squeeze out of the peeling.
- 4Add the butter, parsley, and garlic to a bowl and use an electric blender or back of a spoon on it to mash/mix it all together.
- 5When potatoes can be mashed with a fork, drain water and add to the mixing bowl with the garlic butter and parsley. Mix until smooth
- 6Add milk until you get the consistancy you want.
Salt and pepper to taste( my potatoes usually take alot of salt and pepper)
Serve and enjoy
Great with or without gravy, and leftovers make the best potato cakes you ever ate.
- 7Don't call the kids in til you get out of the way, good potatoes are no reason for you to get run over by a bunch of hungry kids now is it.