One Skillet Dinner
- 1 to 1 1/2
- lbs. hamb. not too fat, not too lean
- cans of favorite brown beef gravy
- medium size boiling potatoes
- 1-2 tsps
- liquid smoke
- 1-2 tsps
- favorite worcestershire or steak sauce
- small onion
- mushrooms to taste, (optional)
- seasoning to taste
How to Make One Skillet Dinner
- 1Have potatoes peeled and quartered. In good size skillet, form serving size patties from hamburger meat and start browning, turning once. Meat does not need to be cooked all way through, just be sure both sides of meat is seared.
- 2If using onions, add as meat is browning, just till onions are starting to brown lightly. If using mushrooms, add after onions are lightly browned. If needed, drain excess grease from skillet and add gravy. Add seasonings. Place potatoes, in gravy, around meat patties. Lower heat under pan, cover with lid and simmer slowly, just till potatoes are tender. Taste gravy to be sure of seasoning, such as liquid smoke and steak sauce.Use according to your taste.
- 3Remove patties and potatoes to warmed platter. Use cornstarch or flour and water paste to thicken gravy. If desired, add extra can or jar of gravy before thickening.
- 4May be served in one large bowl, or in separate bowls. Very good served with crusty garlic bread and salad.